Italian Student Visa
Need a Student Visa? We can help you!
If you want to study Italian Language in Italy, but you are not an European citizen you may need an Italian Student Visa if you'd liket to stay more than 3 months in our country.
Check if your case can be arranged in one the following information:
- You are going to study in Italy for less than three months. In this case you don't need an Italian student visa as you can enter Italy as a tourist. (ATTENTION: citizens of Belarus, Bosnia- Herzegovina, China, Colombia, North Macedonia, Georgia, Morocco, Peru, Serbia and Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey and Ukraine all must obtain a tourist visa).
- You are going to study in Italy for more than three months. In this case you must request a student visa at the Italian Embassy or Consulate in your country. Go ahead reading to check all the documentation you may need.
- You are going to study in our school in Milan for more than one year: you must present a certificate of enrolment in a multi-year course or courses at the moment of your student visa request. This Italian student visa will be valid for 365 days but, at the end of one year, it is possible to renew the residence permit in order to continue your studies.
PROCEDURE AND DOCUMENTATION REQUEST
For your student visa request you need to present the following documentation at the Italian consulate/embassy:
- Passport valid for at least 3 months more than the requested visa.
- Enrolment certificate to courses of 20 hours/week for the all period of staying in Italy.
- Proof of financial means: submit letter or bank statement, indicating account balance (at least € 1000 per each month of stay in Italy is required)
- Health insurance valid for Italy
- Proof of suitable accommodation (hotel or residence reservation, invitation letter from a private host family)
- a motivation letter explaining why you want to study Italian language in Italy
- A2 level of Italian language knowledge
- Our school will help beginners asking for a student visa in reaching A2 level through our online courses (before their application)
- Confirmed flight reservation
If you enrol at Il Centro and request a student visa you must complete the registration form and return it to Il Centro-Italian School with documentation of payment in full of the selected Italian course.
- Our Italian Language School provides valid certificates for obtaining a student visa and learning Italian in Milan.
- It is not possible to cancel or change the dates of a course for which you have received a student visa. Each certificate must correspond to a specific course in which the student is enrolled.
- If a student visa application has been refused, the school will issue a full refund of the sum paid less 245 € in administrative fees (200 € + 45 € enrollment fee) upon receipt of the original visa refusal letter issued by the Italian embassy/consulate.
- Students waiting for a visa must immediately inform the school in case of delay in the visa process or change in the date of their arrival.
- If students wish to have the original certificate of enrolment sent by express courier DHL this cost is to be paid by the student.
- Within 8 days after your arrival in Italy you must go to a post office and ask for a kit postale to apply for you residence permit (our school can help you to fill it).
- Once the student has arrived in Italy and intends to shorten the period of stay by cancelling a course that has already begun, the school will retain all tuition fees for the period of study for which the certificate of enrolment was issued.
FILL IN THE FOLLOWING FORM TO RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ITALIAN STUDENT VISA