Need a Student Visa? We can help you!
If you are not from the European Union and you want to study Italian Language in Italy, you must decide in advance how long you intend to stay.
- Less than three months: a student visa is not necessary as you can enter Italy as a tourist. (ATTENTION: citizens of Belarus, Bosnia- Herzegovina, China, Colombia, North Macedonia, Georgia, Morocco, Peru, Serbia and Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey and Ukraine all must obtain a tourist visa).
- More than three months: you must request a student visa at the Italian Embassy or Consulate in your country. The following documents are required: a valid passport; certificate of enrolment at Il Centro; proof of means of support during your stay in Italy; accomodation in Italy; and an internationally valid insurance health policy.
- More than one year: you must present a certificate of enrolment in a multi-year course or courses at the moment of your student visa request. The visa will be valid for 365 days, and you must go to a post office and ask for a "Kit Postale" within eight days after your arrival in Italy to apply for your residence permit. At the end of one year it is possible to renew the residence permit in order to continue your studies.
For the student visa request the following documentation has to be presented at the Italian consulate/embassy:
- valid passport
- enrolment certificate to a course of 80 hours/month at our Italian School
- proof of financial means: submit letter or bank statement, indicating account balance (at least € 1000 per each month of stay in Italy is required)
- international health insurance
- proof of suitable accomodation
- confirmed flight reservation
Students who enrol at Il Centro-Italian Language School for Foreigners in Milan and request a student visa must complete the registration form and return it to Il Centro-Italian School with documentation of payment in full of the selected italian course.
- Our Italian Language School provides valid certificates for obtaining a student visa and learning Italian in Milan.
- It is not possible to cancel or change the dates of a course for which you have received a student visa. Each certificate must correspond to a specific course in which the student is enrolled.
- If a student visa application has been refused, the school will issue a full refund of the sum paid less 245 € in administrative fees (200 € + 45 € enrollment fee) upon receipt of the original visa refusal letter issued by the Italian embassy/consulate.
- Students waiting for a visa must immmediately inform the school in case of delay in the visa process or change in the date of their arrival.
- The school provides valid certificates for obtaining a student visa. If students wish to have the original certificate of enrolment sent by express courier DHL this cost is to be paid by the student.
- Once the student has arrived in Italy and intends to shorten the period of stay by cancelling a course that has already begun, the school will retain all tuition fees for the period of study for which the certificate of enrolment was issued.